- 20 hours of labor, 2.5 hours of pushing, one unplanned cesarean section, and two months later, here we are. I'm carrying an extra 30 lbs so it's not yet time for the return of my full wardrobe, but I'll get there.
- September will be here next week, but fall is definitely not around the corner in Southern California. The sweltering heat only permits flip flops, sundresses, and squashed dreams of black boots, leather, and well thought out layering.
- My American apparel biker shorts have pretty much not come off these past couple months. After too many awkward squats in dresses to pick up dropped pacifiers, these shorts are my new best friends
- I wore this outfit to Aaron and my joint chiropractor appointment and then to walk around the air conditioned mall to escape the heat.
- I wouldn't expect this place to become a mommy blog, but you will find an occasional photo or two of my baby boy on my Instagram.
|My Nugget of Love|
"Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand…"
Psalm 95:6-7 NKJV
People of His pasture. I like that word, "pasture," it sounds like a great place to rest and recoup. I would never expect to rest well if I were dropped off in the Serengeti. Every sound of a twig breaking or faint roar in the distance or slight breeze would stop my heart and put me in cold sweats. A pasture is a place for domesticated livestock to graze. Not only do they have food, but they have protection as well.
Let's remember to praise the Lord today. We are fed by His word and by His word, we can rest well.